4/12/2017

Confessions of An Amateur Photographer

Soooo it's been a long time. Far too long in fact since my last post.  I must admit after having a baby 12 months ago, the freedom of giving up overtook me and I went down the rabbit hole.

This doesn't mean I'm back to writing daily but I will try my best to write when the mood strikes me.

I know at least one person who missed this blog (she knows who she is).  Writing is therapeutic for me and I'm glad I get to share my work with you.   What this is NOT is a place for negative energy space or comments - there is enough of that in the world. I'm here to spread LOVE through a depository of pictures, random news, stories and occasional rants, and more pictures.

Which brings me to the subject of photography. Last year,  I got a really nice camera for my birthday and my goal was to take at least 1 picture a day for 365 days. While I managed to do that, the excitement of being a mom overtook me and realized all 500+ pictures are of my amazing son Eli and a bunch of 1st's (1st drool, 1st burb ok that was a video, 1st overnight sleep: when you are a parent sleep becomes like water a necessity, 1st crawl, 1st birthday 1st, a lot of 1st.  

While I am going to continue to capture a lot of other 1st's in a different phase of our lives  - Eli has taught me that I love the nostalgic feeling of taking a photo and looking at it to reminiscence. 

Taking photo's give us the excitement of capturing a moment, moments we want to relive, moments we will never get back again, moments we will store away in our memory bank for later use. 

Most photographers have a speciality (scenic, wedding, lifestyle) I am not claiming a box but certainly can call myself an amateur photographer. You can't put baby in the corner! 

Instead, when the mood strikes - I'll will take my shoot. Some will have reasons, others won't. They will all highlight my love of light, expression, people, a desire to evoke dreams, aspiration, embrace life, capture beauty, create emotion. All I know is that I'm doing another thing I love! 

This is my journey through my eyes come follow and see.










No comments:

Post a Comment